Select your timezone: Select

NBA 2018/19

Reply Subscribe
portevas wrote:

I'm not sure about 2nd scoring option but definitely he could have game changing stats. But yeah playing in Dantoni system it will help him a lot. Of course we should also mention the size of the contract because in tese circumstances Rockets won a lot or I should say didn't spend a "dollar" seeing the money and contracts overall in NBA lately πŸ˜„

It's a one year deal too so if it doesnt work out then Houston can just let him go next summer. its a win win situation for them
Join: 2018/05/01 Messages: 1628 Thanks: 25
Dirk Nowitzki has signed a one year deal with the Dallas Mavericks. This will be 21st season for Dirk (all with the same franchise which is a new NBA record). This means he will get to play with the new rookie Doncic and form a really solid froncourt with DeAndre Jordan. Is this going to finally be Dirk's final season? Do Dallas have a potential shot at the playoffs?
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
portevas wrote:

I'm not sure about 2nd scoring option but definitely he could have game changing stats. But yeah playing in Dantoni system it will help him a lot. Of course we should also mention the size of the contract because in tese circumstances Rockets won a lot or I should say didn't spend a "dollar" seeing the money and contracts overall in NBA lately πŸ˜„

I feel like it's possible for Melo to be 2nd option in scoring, I can see CP3 giving up some shots for Melo due to his unselfishness and pass first mentality. We'll just have to wait and see how it works out
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
Kevin Love has signed a 4y/120m Contract extension to stay with the Cleveland Cavaliers and become the face of the franchise now that LeBron has left! Good move for the Cavs? Can K.Love come back to his dominant days when he was the 1st option with Minnesota? Last time that Love was a 1st option he averaged an incredible 26 ppg 13 rpg and 4.5 apg. Are Cavaliers still a playoff team with Love as the face of the franchise?

embeded-image
This is Cleveland Cavaliers depth as of now:
PG - Sexton G.Hill Clarkson
SG - Hood JR Smith
SF - Osman Korver
PF - Love Nance JR
C - T.Thompson Zizic

Could this squad get at least an 8th seed in the weakened EAST?
LukasLAL824 wrote:

This is Cleveland Cavaliers depth as of now:
PG - Sexton G.Hill Clarkson
SG - Hood JR Smith
SF - Osman Korver
PF - Love Nance JR
C - T.Thompson Zizic

Could this squad get at least an 8th seed in the weakened EAST?

They have a legitimate shot to be fair. But I think they will miss out. Boston Philly Toronto Washington Detroit Milwaukee Indiana Miami and even Charlotte are better teams in my opinion. Love will have a solid season, expect to see the him averaging about 23/12/4, but the Cavs will miss out on the playoffs. I'm excited to see what Sexton and Osman do though. The Cavs have better talent than they did when Bron left in 2010 though for sure.
Join: 2017/02/07 Messages: 729 Thanks: 6
Personally can't imagine Kevin Love as a leader in Cleveland Cavaliers and that new signed contract looks so risky and without big value for me or maybe I'm too pessimistic about him over the past years and he will show the stats and the performances same as it was in Minnesota. I hope so for him the best. Without Love there is no true leader in Cavaliers and most of the players have "support" role so I didn't give them big hope. First of all they need to grow but they also should keeping eyes on the unknowns players during the season from example D-league maybe they will find any possible game changer there.
Join: 2015/09/09 Messages: 387 Thanks: 91
portevas wrote:

Personally can't imagine Kevin Love as a leader in Cleveland Cavaliers and that new signed contract looks so risky and without big value for me or maybe I'm too pessimistic about him over the past years and he will show the stats and the performances same as it was in Minnesota. I hope so for him the best. Without Love there is no true leader in Cavaliers and most of the players have "support" role so I didn't give them big hope. First of all they need to grow but they also should keeping eyes on the unknowns players during the season from example D-league maybe they will find any possible game changer there.

I think the reason his stats took a dip is because of LeBron and Kyrie in Cleveland. As you saw he went back up to averaging 20/10 last year as 2nd option although that dropped in the end due to injuries but if he's healthy this year I think that 20/10 could become 25/12 pretty much the same stats as in Minnesota. The biggest worry for the Cavs and Love is that Love has been injury prone and that contract is MASSIVE but because free agents dont tend to come to Cleveland I think they're just worried that they will go back to being awful for a very long time so signing Love was the best way to keep competitive. I like Collin Sexton and a few other young pieces like Osman Clarkson Nance. It seems like the Cavs have put themselves into long term mediocrity where they're not a tanking team but a team that can fight for 7/8 seeds in the future and I think they're fine with that
portevas wrote:

Yeah, I agree with you because I don't see any players in the Cavs squad that could take the lead during the very important moments of the match or lead team to win the games. However, maybe he will get more space and we will see him one of the leader of the team and he will become more beneficial but I can't imagine him as a player who can lead Cavs to the finals. I don't think that we are going to see Cavs even in the conference finals.
Join: 2013/07/24 Messages: 517
Vince Carter has signed to play with the Hawks for the upcoming season. I'm absolutely stunned, but it looks he wants to help the young guys improve than to play for a contenders like the Warriors.

embeded-image
Looks like KD and CJ McCollum got into it on twitter. Grab your popcorns ready when the Warriors and Blazers meet up!

embeded-image
CJ McColum with some real talk. Kevin Durant seems that after joining Warriors trying to become a bad guy 😁) I wouldn't be surprised if any other NBA players could get involved in this social war.
Join: 2015/09/09 Messages: 387 Thanks: 91
Safe to say that DeMar DeRozan is eager to get his revenge on Toronto this upcoming season
Vince Carter's NBA Career is older than his new rookie teammate Trae Young

embeded-image
Clint Capela just signed a 5 year 90 million dollar deal to stay with the Houston Rockets!
embeded-image
Apparently Manu Ginobili is nearing to agreeing to play another yeah with the Spurs. What a great offseason this is if all 3 of Carter Dirk and Manu play another year
LeBron's "I Promise" School:

Free tuition
Free uniforms
Free transportation within 2 miles
Free breakfast, lunch, & snacks
Guaranteed college tuition for every student who graduates
Food pantry for families
GED's and job placement services for parents
Free bicycle and helmet

MAKING AN IMPACT ON AND OFF THE COURT

embeded-image
Perfect action by LeBron of the court. He knows the priorities during the childhood.
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
According to sources Draymond Green and Tristan Thompson got into a fight at the Espys

The former Michigan State basketball All-American and current Golden State Wariors All-Star was reportedly involved in a "bar brawl" with Cleveland Cavaliers Tristan Thompson in Los Angeles. The incident took place at an after party for the ESPYs on July 18. According to BOSSIP, Thompson "socked Green with a two-piece, getting the better of the NBA Champion. Kevin Durant and LeBron James reportedly stepped in to stop the two.

If this is true, then it's pretty crazy how far this rivalry has gotten between Draymond and Tristan

embeded-image
Lakers team store is looking like this right now. Looks like people will be big spending whenever they go there now
embeded-image