Select your timezone: Select

EUROPE: Champions League 2017/18

Reply Subscribe
Well today matches wont be so scoring some experts say, but im thinking we can see many goals in both matches
Join: 2008/02/01 Messages: 395
Porto - Liverpool

Hard to predict this one espcially when we saw very different football from Juventus - Tottenham than anyone expected. But logically this match should be based on defense because Porto always starting from defense and on another side we have Liverpool who struggling on defense and it would be just silly to go forward trying just to score because few mistakes and it can turn around like in Juventus game. I see here aggresive a little bit boring football with more than an average numbers of fouls. But the best choice for me it's under 2.5 total and both teams to score - NO. Can't see a clear winner for this

Real Madrid - PSG

Oh my one of the hardest match to predict talking about winner but I just can't skip that odds for Real at Santiago Bernabeu. Anything more than a 2.00 it's looking worth for me. There is plenty left to prove that PSG are the TOP team but at the moment I don't give them a chance to win here 3 points. LaLiga>Ligue 1 are plenty steps ahead and don't need to look at these results in France like 5-0, 6-1 and etc. So my pick Real Madrid win and probable Benzema or Bale to score.
Join: 2011/11/19 Messages: 239 Thanks: 37
arv wrote:

Porto - Liverpool

Hard to predict this one espcially when we saw very different football from Juventus - Tottenham than anyone expected. But logically this match should be based on defense because Porto always starting from defense and on another side we have Liverpool who struggling on defense and it would be just silly to go forward trying just to score because few mistakes and it can turn around like in Juventus game. I see here aggresive a little bit boring football with more than an average numbers of fouls. But the best choice for me it's under 2.5 total and both teams to score - NO. Can't see a clear winner for this

Real Madrid - PSG

Oh my one of the hardest match to predict talking about winner but I just can't skip that odds for Real at Santiago Bernabeu. Anything more than a 2.00 it's looking worth for me. There is plenty left to prove that PSG are the TOP team but at the moment I don't give them a chance to win here 3 points. LaLiga>Ligue 1 are plenty steps ahead and don't need to look at these results in France like 5-0, 6-1 and etc. So my pick Real Madrid win and probable Benzema or Bale to score.

Porto, porto... Well Liverpool is totally from different area for Portuguese.. In my oppinion Porto will score one goal.
Join: 2015/12/16 Messages: 253 Thanks: 16
The thing with Porto team is that they are not so famous or rich... They are simple team
Join: 2008/02/22 Messages: 203
adebade wrote:

The thing with Porto team is that they are not so famous or rich... They are simple team

Liverpool has already scored 3 goals, I didn't think that they will win this game so confidently
Join: 2014/12/23 Messages: 352
arv wrote:

Porto - Liverpool

Real Madrid - PSG

After first halves I tough that it would end like yesterday with both losses. But thanks god Real Madrid was able to show real football as I expected from them. Yeah PSG went unlucky tonight but if you can't realize your opportunities against Real you could be punished and that's what happened. Great win and probably the game for series.

Liverpool wow. I was sad that I will not be able to watch them because of Madridistas but result is just priceless. I hope they keep that record and finally will be able to enter in CL final. Under 2.5 lost but both teams to score WON so it's not big problem. Hopefully next week will be the same for all football fans.
PSG scored the first goal but Real played really well and scored 3 goals later.
arv wrote:

After first halves I tough that it would end like yesterday with both losses. But thanks god Real Madrid was able to show real football as I expected from them. Yeah PSG went unlucky tonight but if you can't realize your opportunities against Real you could be punished and that's what happened. Great win and probably the game for series.

Liverpool wow. I was sad that I will not be able to watch them because of Madridistas but result is just priceless. I hope they keep that record and finally will be able to enter in CL final. Under 2.5 lost but both teams to score WON so it's not big problem. Hopefully next week will be the same for all football fans.

It is amazing by how many goals Liverpool won today. Wow
Join: 2010/02/27 Messages: 237 Thanks: 157
Well played by Real and Ronaldo who scored 2 goals. Can't wait for the next week
Join: 2012/09/14 Messages: 247 Thanks: 583
That was unexpected or not? Liverpool should win and they won, but with many goals. Real Madrid ? Well they won to easy in op
Join: 2008/02/22 Messages: 203
adebade wrote:

That was unexpected or not? Liverpool should win and they won, but with many goals. Real Madrid ? Well they won to easy in op

I don't think that it is unexpected that they won 😁 Liverpool did it just too easy, I thought about 2-0 maybe and Real Madrid was unexpected only because they started by 0-1 and then scored three goals in a row
Join: 2013/07/24 Messages: 517
Madrid in few month played not the best football, so its a suprise for me, that they won in such way
Join: 2015/01/05 Messages: 347
Bayern have been simply phenomenal under Jupp Heynckes since his reappointment back in October last year - the Bavarians have won 20 times in 22 games, including all of their CL games.

There is no chances for Besiktas today
Join: 2015/01/05 Messages: 347
Tuesday’s action in the UEFA Champions League (CL) will feature a clash of European heavyweights, as Chelsea host Barcelona at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of this round-of-16 tie. Despite the fact that these are two of the biggest clubs in Europe, their form has been quite the opposite during the current season.

The last time these two sides met in the CL was in the semifinals of the 2011-12 season. Chelsea won 3-2 on aggregate, and they would go on to win the title against Bayern Munich.
FOX wrote:

Tuesday’s action in the UEFA Champions League (CL) will feature a clash of European heavyweights, as Chelsea host Barcelona at Stamford Bridge in the first leg of this round-of-16 tie. Despite the fact that these are two of the biggest clubs in Europe, their form has been quite the opposite during the current season.

The last time these two sides met in the CL was in the semifinals of the 2011-12 season. Chelsea won 3-2 on aggregate, and they would go on to win the title against Bayern Munich.

I think that both teams will score in this game! This match should be very interesting
I would say that Chelsea - Barcelona the best choice is under 2.5 goals. I can't see Chelsea scoring twice and for Barcelona here is just keep the right results with trying to play possession game and wait for the Chelsea mistakes. The most common result here is 1-1/1-0/0-2 for me.
arv wrote:

I would say that Chelsea - Barcelona the best choice is under 2.5 goals. I can't see Chelsea scoring twice and for Barcelona here is just keep the right results with trying to play possession game and wait for the Chelsea mistakes. The most common result here is 1-1/1-0/0-2 for me.

Chelsea is playing so unstably this season that it is hard to guess how they are going to play. However, they should be motivated to play against Barca and of course they will try to keep a clean sheet.
Motivation is always on a big level Champions league. We will see how Chelsea and Conte prepared against Barcelona and their big possession with the ball which should be very important for control of the game.
arv wrote:

Motivation is always on a big level Champions league. We will see how Chelsea and Conte prepared against Barcelona and their big possession with the ball which should be very important for control of the game.

I agree with you about the motivation. I think that Chelsea can punish Barca on the counterattacks. But we will see. Two more hours until kick off
Matches just started so we will see, i honestly think Bayern match will be with more goals