Select your timezone: Select

EUROPE: Champions League 2017/18

Reply Subscribe
UEFA Champions League 2017-2018 season topic. Discussions, betting picks, previews and news here

The complete 2017/18 UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw

embeded-image
Join: 2011/11/24 Messages: 1148 Phone: LT
Well, well, well. As a MU fan im glad, finally we can do something
Join: 2017/06/18 Messages: 78
Group D and H is very complicated
Join: 2008/02/01 Messages: 395
For me all the groups are hardly predictable for the advance. Only B group have their 2 favorites PSG and Bayern
Finally Champions league are back!! So excited to this new season and of course this evening.

Some of the betting tips for today

embeded-image

After 3 games both teams top its domestic league with 9 points with 3 straight winners. Their goal difference is almost the same as well, Barca's plus 9, Juve's plus 8. Barcelona won all of its last 3 games to nil against Real Betis to 2-0, Alaves to 0-2 and Espanyol to 5-0. Messi (120 mill euro) scored a hat-trick against Espanyol and so far he is the top scorer of his team w 5 goals on 3 games. Messi is on fire, I definitely count on him to score against Juventus. Juve won two league games pretty simple to nil against Cagliari and Chievo to 3-0 and showed up a great comeback in Genova where they were two goals down in the 7th minutes, but won the game to 2-4 at the end. The 23 years old Argentinian striker Paulo Dybala (65 mill euro) is the top scorer, reached 5 goals on 3 games. The first two goals will be added on this game by Messi and Dybala, the HT result will be 1-1.
H2H: Their last game has ended with a 1-2 Barca victory.

Both teams to score @1.75 Bet365

embeded-image

Chelsea is going to face karabakh in a Champions League Group C I think we should set that I care about FK is already eliminated from a group that contains English Champions Chelsea one of the best teams in Italia Roma and also Diego Simeone Atletico Madrid so one of these three teams also need to be eliminated with karabakh FK now let's talk about the match between Chelsea and karabakh I think Chelsea has the Home Advantage it's obvious that they are going to win the match but I think it should be just one zero match I just think like that and my pic will be total goes under 2.5

Total goals under 2.5 @2.47 Pinnacle
So sad, both picks are lost....But I will back later today for my picks 8)
embeded-image
Join: 2015/02/26 Messages: 208
embeded-image
Join: 2015/02/26 Messages: 208
embeded-image
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
Well Done Spartac Moscow
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
embeded-image
Join: 2015/12/16 Messages: 253 Thanks: 16
Roma won away game since 2010, PSG destroyed Bayern
Any thoughts for upcoming games? I'm very confident picking Manchester City with 1.6 odds. Yeah I know that these odds looks low but with that form City should win without any problems.

Also Maribor - Liverpool games under 2.5 looking value. Sado Mane is out and Liverpool always struggling against weak opponents. I guessing here 0-2 for Liverpool.
Join: 2014/12/23 Messages: 308
Napoli is the best team in Italy this season, their offense is unstoppable and City don't have a fantastic defense, they win games because of their offense. There is no value in betting on Manchester City, because Napoli will score at least once for sure, so you need at least 2 or 3 goals from Man City to win. Mys bets in this game will be 3.5 and 4.5 goals over.
Join: 2017/10/07 Messages: 9 Thanks: 4
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR - REAL MADRID MATCH BETTING

embeded-image

Today will be interesting night in UEFA Champions League. In the Group H meets two teams, who demonstrate a really good football in Champions League this season – current two times champions of Europe Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur.

All action will take place on Santiago Bernabeu, where Real Madrid are brilliant. Madrid have not lost at home in the Champions League group stage since 21 October 2009. Their home group record since then are 21 victories and just two draws.

Both teams won their first two group stage matches – they beat Borussia Dortmund and APOEL on the same results (3-1 with BVB and 3-0 with APOEL). There’s no doubt, Tottenham are in good shape but Real Madrid are favorites – not just because they playing at home but because they are in different level and Cristiano Ronaldo are always very hungry in Champions League – he already scored four goals in two games.

There’s a lot of chance that both teams will score today. Real Madrid have Cristiano Ronaldo and Tottenham have Harry Kane, who also are very dangerous, especially at this Champions League season – in the last game against APOEL he scored three goals.

But that not only about these two players. Just take a look to Real Madrid statistics – they scored at least one goal in all last seasons Champions league matches. It’s something special. So, there’s a lot of chance that we’ll see at least one goal from Real Madrid.

If we look to the Real Madrid defense, we’ll see that they playing not bad this season in Champions League – they conceded just one goal against Borussia. But today Tottenham has more chances to score against them because Los Blancos has some problems in defense.

Dani Carvajal has a problem with his heart, so he certainly will miss this game. Marcelo back to from the injury and this weekend he played against Getafe in La Liga. But he was not so good like always, maybe it was because he doesn’t play in the last fourth weeks.

And Real Madrid defense suffered a lot this season in La Liga – the conceded at least one goal in the six of their last eight games. So, this statistics show that Madrid has some really serious problems in defense and that should be a chance for Tottenham.

However, although we have a lot of chances that we’ll see at least on goal from Spurs today but Real Madrid could easily score two or three goals. First of all, they will play at home, where they are always superb team. Second, the are current champions and always wants to win.

And the last reason why they should win today, it’s because they can’t do mistakes in this group. They want to finish in the first position, so they can’t lose very important points, especially at home matches. After this match, two weeks later, they will go to London and play again against Tottenham. And this match will be much more difficult.

By the way, Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 11 games against Premier League opponents (W8 D3), since a 4-0 loss at Liverpool in the 2008/09 season. They have a really good statistics against English teams.

Betting Pick - both teams will score at least one goal and Real Madrid will win. (2.60 / Bet365)

betblog.com/reviews/bett...w-tottenham-real-madrid/
embeded-image
Manchester City - Napoli
Both teams enter this game in red hot form; Napoli having only lost 2 of their last 32 games in all competitions (W26 D4 L2). Manchester City similarly have lost only twice in their last 22 in all competitions (W17 D3 L2); they are currently on a 9 match winning streak.
City do not have the greatest form against Italian clubs, winning only 1 of their last 8 (D3 L4); the only win in this run was a 2-0 away success over Roma in the group stage of ‘14/15.
City have played Napoli twice previously in this competition; failing to beat them on both occasions - drawing 1-1 at home and losing 2-1 away (‘11/12).
Sergio Aguero has returned to training following his rib injury and he could feature after being on the bench vs Stoke over the weekend.
Kevin De Bruyne (City) has been nominated for the prestigious Ballon D’or award; 1 of only 6 players in the Premier League to make the 30-man shortlist.
Both teams are no strangers to a high scoring affair. Napoli have averaged 3.3 goals per game this season, whilst Manchester City average 3.5.

Over 3.5 Goal's
1,85 Bet365
The Best wrote:

Napoli is the best team in Italy this season, their offense is unstoppable and City don't have a fantastic defense, they win games because of their offense. There is no value in betting on Manchester City, because Napoli will score at least once for sure, so you need at least 2 or 3 goals from Man City to win. Mys bets in this game will be 3.5 and 4.5 goals over.

They have great defense while playing in home. Stoke scored 2 goals with an open game which finished 7-2 so is normal to concede. So besides that they conceded just 2 goals in their last 6 home games and teams that scored was Real Madrid and Everton. I don't see why u saying that their defense is not great. I mean every team who conceded any goal in their last games can't be pronounce as a fantastic defensive team but these results and new signings this summer for defensive made much better Manchester City in both side. And when odds are raising against them it's put value for me.
I am saying it because their style of play under Guardiola is controlling the ball and don't allow their opponents to play, this has nothing to do with their defense, which is way overrated because of the money Manchester spent to buy them. Crystal Palace and Shaktar is way below their level so it is normal that they did not score, Liverpool was a better team on the field and Salah should have scored but then Mane got the red card and City started dominating. They did not had an opponent as good as Napoli so far, Real Madrid game was a friendly game. Napoli will be the champions in Italy this season and they can make a big run in Champions league also. It will not be very easy for City to win. It is safer to bet on goals, unless you believe that Napoli will not score. But then you can bet on Manchester City winning with clean sheet, way better odds. These teams are very similar in their style, i don't see a reason why either team should change their gameplan for this game. Both should attack and it should be an open game. And anyone can win an open game, i would not be suprised if Napoli would win this game, Hamsik - Insigne - Mertens - Callejon is lethal this season.
The Best wrote:

I am saying it because their style of play under Guardiola is controlling the ball and don't allow their opponents to play, this has nothing to do with their defense, which is way overrated because of the money Manchester spent to buy them. Crystal Palace and Shaktar is way below their level so it is normal that they did not score, Liverpool was a better team on the field and Salah should have scored but then Mane got the red card and City started dominating. They did not had an opponent as good as Napoli so far, Real Madrid game was a friendly game. Napoli will be the champions in Italy this season and they can make a big run in Champions league also. It will not be very easy for City to win. It is safer to bet on goals, unless you believe that Napoli will not score. But then you can bet on Manchester City winning with clean sheet, way better odds. These teams are very similar in their style, i don't see a reason why either team should change their gameplan for this game. Both should attack and it should be an open game. And anyone can win an open game, i would not be suprised if Napoli would win this game, Hamsik - Insigne - Mertens - Callejon is lethal this season.

I can't understand why you can't see any other results but over 3.5. Without clean sheet there is one more option of the results and it's 2-1. I never bet on over goals on these kind of matches because most of that games it's a perfect way to get money from fishes.

You are talking that Man City didin't have strong opponent but either Napoli. Who they beat this season? Lazio? Who is Lazio? Just an average Italy club. Ok they beat Roma but Roma never was a real contender in Europe. Any other team just typical second table teams. Anyway there is so many arguments from you and me that we can discuss this all day long. I sticking with Manchester City. I believe in Guardiola and it seems that he finally found perfect players that fits in the team.
Good luck to you! My bets are mainly over/under, maybe that is why i am arguing here so hard. 2:1 usually converts into 3:1 in the end of the games with teams like Manchester City or Napoli and their ability to counter attack. That is what we should both root for, 3:1 is a perfect result for both of us!