Select your timezone: Select

Neteller?

Reply Subscribe
I have little knowledge of all the troubles in the US other than what most people read in articles and on the news but I have seen Neteller emntioned a few times for making deposits.
I thought that a lot of folk had had their deposits frozen pending some investigation. Is this true or have I picked the information up wrong?
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 30
Leigh wrote:

I have little knowledge of all the troubles in the US other than what most people read in articles and on the news but I have seen Neteller emntioned a few times for making deposits.
I thought that a lot of folk had had their deposits frozen pending some investigation. Is this true or have I picked the information up wrong?

They were one of the companies who were hit hard a few months back with assests being frozen and have recently sorted out a deal to get the money back to people who had deposited with them.
The only problem being it will take up to 75 days I think.
Join: 2007/02/11 Messages: 118
Leigh wrote:

Payment processing company for the online gambling industry, Neteller, has announced its plans to return funds to American customers.

Neteller and US Attorney’s Office have reached an agreement to start paying back United States customers around $55 million dollars. :thumbsup

:dirol
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

Payment processing company for the online gambling industry, Neteller, has announced its plans to return funds to American customers.

Neteller and US Attorney’s Office have reached an agreement to start paying back United States customers around $55 million dollars. :thumbsup

:dirol

How long have they had these peoples cash frozen Manne? 55 million seems a huge amount to be able to just freeze like that, havent people beeen taking it through legal channels or did they not have a case?
Join: 2007/02/11 Messages: 118
Wayne68 wrote:

How long have they had these peoples cash frozen Manne? 55 million seems a huge amount to be able to just freeze like that, havent people beeen taking it through legal channels or did they not have a case?

Thanks for the replies. I see that another thread talks about Neteller trying to reach a compromise to give back funds to people. I bet they are releived to have finally seen that their cash is being returned
Join: 2007/03/20 Messages: 30
Leigh wrote:

The United States government asked a federal judge in New York to grant another continuance in their case against NETeller founders Stephen Lawrence and John Lefebrve. The next trial date appears to be May 16, 2007 frustrating NETeller customers that have been waiting since mid-January 2007 to receive their funds back. The feds seized a reported $55 million that is being held as "evidence" in the case.

This is the fourth time a continuance has been granted in this case.

The United State Department of Justice has alleged the Canadian businessman were laundering money and that they evaded taxes while serving as directors of the online payment transfer company.
Leigh wrote:

Neteller has announced the launch of the first product in a new range of prepaid.

Netellers new prepaid card will automatically be directly linked to the customer's account, and is accepted at over 24 million ATM's and Point-of-Sale terminals internationally.

President and CEO of Neteller, Ron Martin, said, "The ability for our customers to access and use funds from their e-wallets at over 24 million online and offline outlets worldwide is very important to both them and us."

"As we continue to grow our business in Europe and Asia Pacific, we believe this new prepaid debit program will allow us to open up new areas of business," he added.

This new program will essentially take over the current Neteller card when it is withdrawn next week.

Neteller's new card will be available in a number of worldwide currencies and is set to become available by the end of May.

The Neteller group specializes in innovative global products and services that give you the freedom to move and manage your money. The company holds over a million members, thousands of merchants and billions of dollars worth of transactions processed every year.