Select your timezone: Select

How to choose a bet

Reply Subscribe
In order this became important for our members, we suggest to join and discuss how do you bet (if your strategy is a secret, just ignore this topic).
Discussion courses:
* regarding what do you analyze the events (and what sports do you choose)
* where do you look for information (please mention the sports)
* what other criteria do you consider
Join: 2011/03/27 Messages: 105 Thanks: 24 Phone: LT
In football I consider the team's lineup, the standarts of the match, I also consider the coaches, rotation, injuries, preparation of individual players. Say center hasn't been playing properly, this means a team has bigger chances of losing the game. I also look at how much time did the teams had to rest between the games, their micro-climate, etc. I gather this info on various football sites. Oh yes, the weather is also important. Let's say it's been raining for a few days, this mean the quality of the floor of the field is tragic. I also analyze the matches the exact teams played before, and also with each other. But the more you know the harder it is to make a decision πŸ˜„ The judges also need a consideration. I have a notebook where I keep this info, and it helps me a lot.
Join: 2012/09/08 Messages: 3
A very professional answer, thank you 😁 Only one problem. If you consider those recommendations bets become not your hobby but your full time job, the only one 😁 Analyzing, etc takes a lot of time. It's ok if you win, but if you lose... 😁
Join: 2011/11/03 Messages: 5
I don't have time to analyze every match. I suggest to pick a few matches and analyze them. And yes, I agree, it takes a lot of time.
Join: 2012/09/08 Messages: 3
ranikas Wrote:

I don't have time to analyze every match. I suggest to pick a few matches and analyze them. And yes, I agree, it takes a lot of time.

I agree. It is good if you have 50-100K in your bank account. If you control your out/income very closely, you can even start supporting yourself 😁 Resume - don't bet if you don't have money, time, logics and success.
boogaloo Wrote:

I agree. It is good if you have 50-100K in your bank account. If you control your out/income very closely, you can even start supporting yourself 😁 Resume - don't bet if you don't have money, time, logics and success.

If you can invest 50-100K into betting, means you are addicted and you need a professional help πŸ˜„
Join: 2013/03/07 Messages: 8 Thanks: 60
If you dedicate 5-8 hours every day and you bet 30-50 EUR a day and you risk to have minus in the end of the month and you are a total loser. Even working as a janitor your can earn more and have time for your personal life 😁 Is 100K a lot? Let's say you live an ascetic life and you need 1000 EUR a month. Let's count - 4 years. If you have a car, renting a flat or go on holiday at least once a year, you will spend 100K in 2 years. So think if it's really a lot. If it's too much for you - don't bet.

A very simple example: you talk about 5% fees, or even 2 or 1. So tell me how much do you bet if your bank is 3000? 30 EUR? I don't believe that. You at least bet 300, especially when you see a good chance to win. We are all the same. But we will sooner all later all be in one place -- oops, I lost.

P. S. if you have 100K read about investment, find at least 3 people who do that, etc, invest into fonds, this is how people earn money. And we are only playing games.
I wanted to say, if you have spare 100K you are probably 'good with money' and betting is only a hobby for you. But if you decide you spend your last 100K on betting this means you are sick.
Wait a minute, you want to say people only bet if they are stupid, sick or because of their hobby? πŸ˜„ I think people who are into betting seriously, must analyze everything carefully, watch matches (as many as possible). Think before you make a bet. If you don't have money, don't bet everything.

I liked the member's post about football matches. I would love to read your prognosis 😁 I don't analyze. But talking about, say, tennis, motivation and the shape of the athlete is the most important. Shape is analyzed considering the statistics of a few last matches, what floors needs to be so the player plays his/her best. It is difficult to analyze motivation. It depends of the match - is it important for the player? Read his news on social media, media, etc. Also it is important to consider how do those players play with each other.
Join: 2008/12/25 Messages: 2 Thanks: 7 Phone: LT
If you decided to make a living out of betting, don't think it is easy, because it takes a lot of effort and time. Try to find the representatives of the teams, so you can get 'raw' information about them (lineup, tactics, inside climate, injuries, motivation, etc), participate in paid forum, where information is received from 'primal' sources. Yes, it takes tons of managements, you have to read an analyze all day. If you are unlucky... this might be a small disadvantage.
I choose my bets watching EVERY match. I am talking about tennis or basketball. You can look at statistics, you see raw numbers... so what? you probably lose if it's all you do. I consider if the player A is stronger than player B (look at H2H, a few previous matches). But these is only numbers. You need to think and then you can make a living out of betting. My friend's been earning enough for at least last 2 years, so it's an example.
Join: 2011/08/21 Messages: 7 Thanks: 67
If you have children, wife, if you want to go on holiday, you need to have constant income that's registered in governmental institutions. If you're a student and don't have a family, then it's ok. I have a lot of friends who bet huge amounts, but they only add some extra money to they income that they earn working paid jobs.

Simple math, if you want to support a family of 4, you need at least 4K a month. If you have a car, bank credits this grows up to 6-8K. Think of what kind of player you need to be in order to earn 8K every month. Only a small percentage make a living out of betting.
I know one person who used to make a living out of betting. He had had a pretty good job before, was only 25, rented a flat in a city center, didn't have a family. Had some extra money so started betting. Started betting on bigger amounts... Everything was fine, then after 8-10 month he lost his fortune. He used to bet on all o his salary, started borrowing money from friends, etc. He then realized he needed to stop, so he did. Now he lives in the UK, has a family, doesn't bet anymore.
Join: 2013/11/14 Messages: 1 Thanks: 1
You all write analyze this analyze that, but you must admit that a lot of depends on following your guts. Sometimes you see a match and you know immediately what are you betting for. I always follow my gut 😁 I am not always right though.
Deep analysis are just a waist of time. The most important thing is to follow your gut or/and believe in yourself. If you loose a few bets - it's ok, you don't need to change your tactics or whatever. You need to immediately consider does the coefficient is worth the risks. If you don't know how to do that, analyze whatever you want, you will never win.
Join: 2013/03/30 Messages: 2 Thanks: 1
I've been into betting for the last 10 years and I can surely say that it is difficult to make a living. You must have a lot in order to be successful: time, '6th sense, the ability of analyzing.
Join: 2008/11/07 Messages: 4
I just watch statistic and the previous matches.
Join: 2015/02/26 Messages: 208
You can use picks from good tipsters, with good and confirmed statistic
Join: 2008/01/22 Messages: 177
Before you choose bet, remember never get what you can't afford to lose. This is the simplest rule to understand, but the hardest rule to stick by for most punters. Every gambler who has hit a winning streak or a losing streak has fallen into the trap and gambled away money they couldn't afford to lose. DON'T DO IT !!
Join: 2015/02/17 Messages: 275
Don't choose bet only just because your friend is convinced that the only way to beat the bookies is backing your selections in a 'Dundee Shuffle' doesn't mean you should follow them.
Join: 2015/01/31 Messages: 156