Select your timezone: Select

Less frequent poker freerolls

Reply Subscribe
Hi

We will be having less frequent poker freerolls for a period of time. Why are we doing this ?

1) Awaiting what will happen with the UIGEA

2) Most of are visitors are from the United States and they cant play for real money with some exceptions.

A change of the current situation can happen very quickly but it's not Permanent!

Just visit the message board as you usually do, post and keep the community alive because people finds their way to us. We will announce poker tournaments as done in the past just a bit less frequently. It will also give us some time to plan for the future. Some of the things that are on our minds is a new forum design that will improve the community in different ways. This is a friendly gambling community and we want to keep it that way.

What can you do to help us ?

1) Post about industry news and keep the discussions alive. When something new happens at poker rooms, post about it in our forum topics. Players wants to keep themself up to date with information. Discuss different strategies, poker hands and other parts that might interest our members.

2) Tell others about us, friends, family members or on various internet communities. Linking to us is also a way of showing your appreciation.

Again, this is not a complete halt of tournaments. This post is just letting you know about the situation for the moment being.
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 2120
ixgames wrote:

Hi

We will be having less frequent poker freerolls for a period of time. Why are we doing this ?

2) Most of are visitors are from the United States and they cant play for real money with some exceptions.

A change of the current situation can happen very quickly but it's not Permanent!

Just visit the message board as you usually do, post and keep the community alive because people finds their way to us. We will announce poker tournaments as done in the past just a bit less frequently. It will also give us some time to plan for the future. Some of the things that are on our minds is a new forum design that will improve the community in different ways. This is a friendly gambling community and we want to keep it that way.

1) Post about industry news and keep the discussions alive. When something new happens at poker rooms, post about it in our forum topics. Players wants to keep themself up to date with information. Discuss different strategies, poker hands and other parts that might interest our members.

2) Tell others about us, friends, family members or on various internet communities. Linking to us is also a way of showing your appreciation.

Again, this is not a complete halt of tournaments. This post is just letting you know about the situation for the moment being.

Thanks for keeping us informed 😁

i still wish i was able to advertise the games i host at FTP here, but they are buy ins and not freerolls 😔
Join: 2010/03/20 Messages: 138
MyNemesis wrote:

Thanks for keeping us informed 😁

i still wish i was able to advertise the games i host at FTP here, but they are buy ins and not freerolls 😔

Not only US citizens have troubles nowadays with gambling legislation.
I'm from France and we have and will have some troubles with it too as our governement decided to legiferate about OL gambling.
Some rooms already closed for us as Cake and we will have some others to come soon, probably all majors rooms, as they will have to ask for a special permission to be able to admit french players. Hopefully, this won't last too long and i'll be able to play where i want to, as i done in the past years.
The fight is not ended yet.
Join: 2008/06/14 Messages: 30
hojediade wrote:

Not only US citizens have troubles nowadays with gambling legislation.
I'm from France and we have and will have some troubles with it too as our governement decided to legiferate about OL gambling.
Some rooms already closed for us as Cake and we will have some others to come soon, probably all majors rooms, as they will have to ask for a special permission to be able to admit french players. Hopefully, this won't last too long and i'll be able to play where i want to, as i done in the past years.
The fight is not ended yet.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Thank you, very much, for letting us know and keep us informed. You'll hear no carping from me -- no matter how big a fish I am. . . :1orglaugh

Hoping that our elected officials will come to their combined senses and come up with a resolution that will satisfy all parties in the conversation before June 1st rolls around. Failing that, realize that progress is being made and allow another delay of the implementation of the UIGEA rules for the time being. . .[/FONT]
Join: 2008/12/20 Messages: 856
SycoSteve wrote:

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Thank you, very much, for letting us know and keep us informed. You'll hear no carping from me -- no matter how big a fish I am. . . :1orglaugh

Hoping that our elected officials will come to their combined senses and come up with a resolution that will satisfy all parties in the conversation before June 1st rolls around. Failing that, realize that progress is being made and allow another delay of the implementation of the UIGEA rules for the time being. . .[/FONT]

As far as i'm concerned, i can see some more things to add to the forum to increase the popularity like having a fan page on Facebook and Twitter to announce news and keep on extending the community through poker friends we already have in there. Few clicks would done it easily and maybe attract new members to your forum.
Cause, i'm not allowed to use other forums to announce your own tourneys, of course, and cannot always link to my friends there too, nor i would look like a second zone member promoting other forums.
About being more useful to the forum, i feel like it's not much about being a community but more about creating a friendly atmosphear which is owners/members dependent. :warning

Hope that help. 😁
Join: 2008/06/14 Messages: 30
hojediade wrote:

As far as i'm concerned, i can see some more things to add to the forum to increase the popularity like having a fan page on Facebook and Twitter to announce news and keep on extending the community through poker friends we already have in there. Few clicks would done it easily and maybe attract new members to your forum.
Cause, i'm not allowed to use other forums to announce your own tourneys, of course, and cannot always link to my friends there too, nor i would look like a second zone member promoting other forums.
About being more useful to the forum, i feel like it's not much about being a community but more about creating a friendly atmosphear which is owners/members dependent. :warning

Hope that help. 😁

Thanks for update. will participate in forum whenever i can:thumbsup
Join: 2009/08/23 Messages: 187
zjohnzzz wrote:

Thanks for update. will participate in forum whenever i can:thumbsup

Sounds good, we all need a break every once in awhile😁 well maybe not:1orglaugh keep us informed, thanks
Join: 2008/07/30 Messages: 140
ixgames wrote:

Hi

Thanks for keeping us informed
Join: 2009/10/18 Messages: 109
AF_Aunt wrote:

Thanks for keeping us informed

Thanks for the information.
Join: 2010/03/02 Messages: 79
ixgames wrote:

Hi

Having been the benificiery of much free cash courtesy of IXgames, I can say with no hesitation. YOU ROCK MAN

I am a member of several communities and this is not the only one to halt freerolls. But Being a member of a community is not always about the money. I have forged new friendships and been invited to other organizations because of this forum and my participation.

All the poker clubs and private games I now attend were from invitations extended through members of this community due to my participation. Guess they liked what they read.

I will continue my support.

Thank you.
Join: 2009/03/29 Messages: 399
ixgames wrote:

Hi

Sound like a prudent move given the uncertaintity with the UIGEA rules. Thanks for keeping us informed.
Join: 2008/06/06 Messages: 83
MHect wrote:

Sound like a prudent move given the uncertaintity with the UIGEA rules. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Thanks for the info ix
I'm sure we'll all do what we can in the meantime
Join: 2009/06/07 Messages: 71
Samango wrote:

Thanks for the info ix
I'm sure we'll all do what we can in the meantime

Well will still be poppin in even though not many games from here still got lots of freinds here and wish e1 the best i am sure wont be long before games are popping up again.
Join: 2009/03/28 Messages: 378