Select your timezone: Select

Olympic Football Tournament Rio 2016

Reply Subscribe
As hosts of the 2016 FIFA Olympic Football Tournament, Brazil have automatically qualified for the tournament.

Nigeria and Algeria booked their tickets to Rio with semi-final victories at December's CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal. South Africa won the play-off for third place and final Olympic spot from Africa.

Japan ​and ​Korea Republic claimed Asia's first two tickets to Rio 2016 after reaching the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship final with ​Iraq ​joining them in Brazil after beating Qatar in the third place play-off.

The UEFA European U-21 Championship, was held in Czech Republic between 17 and 30 June 2015. Sweden won the tournament, with Denmark, Germany and Portugal joining the victors in Rio.

Mexico won the the CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Championship, with defeated finalists Honduras joining them in Rio.

The OFC Men’s Olympic Football Tournament Qualifying competition was the Pacific Games, played from 4 to 17 July 2015 in Papua New Guinea, with champions Fiji booking their ticket to Rio.

The South American U-20 Championship was played in Uruguay in January/February 2015. The winner of this championship, Argentina, qualified for Rio 2016. Colombia also qualified after defeating USA in a two-legged play-off in March 2016.

Qualified teams: Algeria, Nigeria, South Africa, Iraq, Japan, Korea Republic, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Honduras, Mexico, Fiji, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia,
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

As hosts of the 2016 FIFA Olympic Football Tournament, Brazil have automatically qualified for the tournament.

Nigeria and Algeria booked their tickets to Rio with semi-final victories at December's CAF U-23 Championship in Senegal. South Africa won the play-off for third place and final Olympic spot from Africa.

Japan ​and ​Korea Republic claimed Asia's first two tickets to Rio 2016 after reaching the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship final with ​Iraq ​joining them in Brazil after beating Qatar in the third place play-off.

The UEFA European U-21 Championship, was held in Czech Republic between 17 and 30 June 2015. Sweden won the tournament, with Denmark, Germany and Portugal joining the victors in Rio.

Mexico won the the CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Championship, with defeated finalists Honduras joining them in Rio.

The OFC Men’s Olympic Football Tournament Qualifying competition was the Pacific Games, played from 4 to 17 July 2015 in Papua New Guinea, with champions Fiji booking their ticket to Rio.

The South American U-20 Championship was played in Uruguay in January/February 2015. The winner of this championship, Argentina, qualified for Rio 2016. Colombia also qualified after defeating USA in a two-legged play-off in March 2016.

Qualified teams: Algeria, Nigeria, South Africa, Iraq, Japan, Korea Republic, Denmark, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, Honduras, Mexico, Fiji, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia,

Isn't Denmark a great football nation??
Join: 2008/12/18 Messages: 846
David_1 wrote:

The Olympic soccer tournament is usually boring and never is as good as the real FIFA worldcup both in terms of quality games and excitement.
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 2120
David_1 wrote:

There are playing great but don't count on them! Anyway you never know !!
Manne wrote:

There are playing great but don't count on them! Anyway you never know !!

Neymar in Brazil squad for Rio.

Barcelona star Neymar was as expected named in the Brazil squad for the Olympics football tournament on Thursday as well Paris Saint Germain defender Marquinhos.
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
mike1 wrote:

Neymar in Brazil squad for Rio.

Barcelona star Neymar was as expected named in the Brazil squad for the Olympics football tournament on Thursday as well Paris Saint Germain defender Marquinhos.

Who will be the last team standing?
Manne wrote:

Who will be the last team standing?

I can only speculate who will win the tournament, france, spain, germany, brazil?, portugal. Who knows, but we all know the teams that have the strongest chance.
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 2120
ixgames wrote:

I can only speculate who will win the tournament, france, spain, germany, brazil?, portugal. Who knows, but we all know the teams that have the strongest chance.

My hope goes to Brazil i have no knowledge but maybe they win..
Join: 2015/09/20 Messages: 247
nattika wrote:

They will having great support thats for sure :dance:
Join: 2006/12/20 Messages: 978
snobben wrote:

They will having great support thats for sure :dance:

The German national football team is considered one of the best teams in the world, currently placing fourth on the FIFA world rankings. I think the Germans have a very good chance of winning the title.
Join: 2016/01/28 Messages: 75
jorand wrote:

The German national football team is considered one of the best teams in the world, currently placing fourth on the FIFA world rankings. I think the Germans have a very good chance of winning the title.

Neymar and Brazil draw blank in Rio 2016 opener with South Africa.......
Manne wrote:

Neymar and Brazil draw blank in Rio 2016 opener with South Africa.......

I miss Zlatan in the Swedish trupp.
Join: 2016/01/28 Messages: 75
jorand wrote:

Dont miss him he is just one player it's the hole team that's important!!
Manne wrote:

Dont miss him he is just one player it's the hole team that's important!!

Olympic is not what is wheat before.
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
mike1 wrote:

Olympic is not what is wheat before.

How is everything going......I'm confused !
Join: 2006/12/20 Messages: 978
snobben wrote:

I say it before and i will say it again Germany win this!
Manne wrote:

I say it before and i will say it again Germany win this!

I hope that Brazil will win the World Cup.
Join: 2016/02/05 Messages: 185
morten wrote:

Sorry i don't think so...!
Manne wrote:

Sorry i don't think so...!

If You're A Small, Rich Country, You Can Buy An Olympic Medal ..
Join: 2015/09/20 Messages: 247
nattika wrote:

Have you prove about that?