Select your timezone: Select

Muhammad Ali dead at 74

Reply Subscribe
This is a SAD day!!

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali died of "septic shock due to unspecified natural causes", his family has said.

The three-time world heavyweight champion - one of the world's greatest sporting figures - died on Friday night at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.

The 74-year-old had been suffering from a respiratory illness, a condition that was complicated by Parkinson's disease.

A public funeral will be held for the boxer on Friday in his hometown of Louisville in Kentucky.

"He was a citizen of the world and would want people from all walks of life to be able to attend his funeral," said the family spokesman, Bob Gunnell.

Former US President Bill Clinton is among those who will give a eulogy at the service, and was one of many prominent global figures who paid tribute to Ali on Saturday, saying he lived a life "full of religious and political convictions that led him to make tough choices and live with the consequences".

The legendary Brazilian footballer, Pele, said the sporting universe had suffered a huge loss.

"Muhammad Ali shook up the world. And the world is better for it," said US President Barack Obama.
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

This is a SAD day!!

Boxing legend Muhammad Ali died of "septic shock due to unspecified natural causes", his family has said.

The three-time world heavyweight champion - one of the world's greatest sporting figures - died on Friday night at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.

The 74-year-old had been suffering from a respiratory illness, a condition that was complicated by Parkinson's disease.

A public funeral will be held for the boxer on Friday in his hometown of Louisville in Kentucky.

"He was a citizen of the world and would want people from all walks of life to be able to attend his funeral," said the family spokesman, Bob Gunnell.

Former US President Bill Clinton is among those who will give a eulogy at the service, and was one of many prominent global figures who paid tribute to Ali on Saturday, saying he lived a life "full of religious and political convictions that led him to make tough choices and live with the consequences".

The legendary Brazilian footballer, Pele, said the sporting universe had suffered a huge loss.

"Muhammad Ali shook up the world. And the world is better for it," said US President Barack Obama.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

R.I.P.
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
mike1 wrote:

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

R.I.P.

Muhammed Ali means a lot to many now rest in peace.

I wish Obama didn't say so much though. He done and said enough, time for new winds.
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 2120
ixgames wrote:

Muhammed Ali means a lot to many now rest in peace.

I wish Obama didn't say so much though. He done and said enough, time for new winds.

Muhammad Ali was more than a great fighter - he was an inspiration and there will NEVER be another like him.
Manne wrote:

Muhammad Ali was more than a great fighter - he was an inspiration and there will NEVER be another like him.

The Greatest has sadly past, we will always miss and love you Muhammad Ali.
Join: 2015/09/20 Messages: 247
nattika wrote:

The Greatest has sadly past, we will always miss and love you Muhammad Ali.

Muhammad Ali spent the better part of a decade planning his funeral, his friends and family said, and by late Friday afternoon it was evident what had taken him so long. In a spectacle that fanned across miles of his hometown, in memories that stretched over some of 20th-century America’s most turbulent years, and in prayers from the palette of faiths that he honored as paths to truth, he was laid to rest, one week after his death at age 74.

I think that was what showed he was the greatest — that he continued to live, not hide
Manne wrote:

Muhammad Ali spent the better part of a decade planning his funeral, his friends and family said, and by late Friday afternoon it was evident what had taken him so long. In a spectacle that fanned across miles of his hometown, in memories that stretched over some of 20th-century America’s most turbulent years, and in prayers from the palette of faiths that he honored as paths to truth, he was laid to rest, one week after his death at age 74.

I think that was what showed he was the greatest — that he continued to live, not hide

Muhammad ali is a hero and heroes never die. Ali will live on forever alongside other US civil rights heroes.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali.
Join: 2007/02/24 Messages: 1205
kennex wrote:

Muhammad ali is a hero and heroes never die. Ali will live on forever alongside other US civil rights heroes.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali.

He was “not just a Muslim, or a black man, or a Louisville kid,” “He wasn’t even just the greatest of all time. He was Muhammad Ali. He was surrounded by family when he died. I was a great fan of Ali i'll never forget Muhammad Ali.
Join: 2008/12/18 Messages: 846
David_1 wrote:

He was “not just a Muslim, or a black man, or a Louisville kid,” “He wasn’t even just the greatest of all time. He was Muhammad Ali. He was surrounded by family when he died. I was a great fan of Ali i'll never forget Muhammad Ali.

Official site which features news, photos, bio, interactive timeline and newsletter signup.

Muhammad Ali Welcome:
Manne wrote:

Official site which features news, photos, bio, interactive timeline and newsletter signup.

Muhammad Ali Welcome:

Still the most recognizable man on earth. Three-time world champion boxer Muhammad Ali a friend asked me the other day to choose my favorite Muhammad Ali fight. “The Rumble in the Jungle,” always be my favorite😡

R.I.P. I hope the next-generation will know who i was!!
Join: 2016/02/05 Messages: 185
morten wrote:

Still the most recognizable man on earth. Three-time world champion boxer Muhammad Ali a friend asked me the other day to choose my favorite Muhammad Ali fight. “The Rumble in the Jungle,” always be my favorite😡

I just hope that the new generation learn who he was.
Manne wrote:

I just hope that the new generation learn who he was.

The new generation having ipad iphone computer and a lots more in the head. Sorry to say that but i'm thinking that we are the last generation to know who he was!!
Join: 2006/12/20 Messages: 978
morten wrote:

Muhammad ali is a Big Man.
He brought a lot to this world.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali.
Join: 2016/05/25 Messages: 23
leoniv wrote:

Muhammad ali is a Big Man.
He brought a lot to this world.

R.I.P Muhammad Ali.

Nearly a month after his death, Muhammad Ali is still a big attraction in his hometown.