Select your timezone: Select

Bolt brand has unique appeal for sponsors

Reply Subscribe
Jamaican Usain Bolt leaves his rivals trailing on the track and will outsell them off it by combining his unparalleled athletic achievement with personal appeal.

Bolt looks certain to improve on annual earnings of $20 million after retaining his 100-meter Olympic title and the world record on Sunday night. He needs a higher profile in the United States to join the ranks of the very richest athletes but that should not be beyond the fastest man in the world.

The gangly 25-year-old, tall for his sport at 1.96 meters (6’5”), is an advertising man’s dream. His name is made for his profession and he has won fans on the biggest global stage with a unique cocktail of cheek and cool.

“The fastest man of all time is a big statement to be able to make,” said Joel Seymour-Hyde of sports marketing agency Octagon.

“Beyond that, you have his stature. He is an iconic-looking figure.

“Then you have the charisma and personality. 100-meter runners are always big on bravado but it’s unique to have someone so smiley and relaxed,” he said.

Famous for his much-mimicked “Lightning Bolt” pose at the end of races, Bolt has a series of lucrative sponsorship deals.

Read More: Bolt brand has unique appeal for sponsors | BusinessWorld Online Edition
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

Jamaican Usain Bolt leaves his rivals trailing on the track and will outsell them off it by combining his unparalleled athletic achievement with personal appeal.

Bolt looks certain to improve on annual earnings of $20 million after retaining his 100-meter Olympic title and the world record on Sunday night. He needs a higher profile in the United States to join the ranks of the very richest athletes but that should not be beyond the fastest man in the world.

The gangly 25-year-old, tall for his sport at 1.96 meters (6’5”), is an advertising man’s dream. His name is made for his profession and he has won fans on the biggest global stage with a unique cocktail of cheek and cool.

“The fastest man of all time is a big statement to be able to make,” said Joel Seymour-Hyde of sports marketing agency Octagon.

“Beyond that, you have his stature. He is an iconic-looking figure.

“Then you have the charisma and personality. 100-meter runners are always big on bravado but it’s unique to have someone so smiley and relaxed,” he said.

Famous for his much-mimicked “Lightning Bolt” pose at the end of races, Bolt has a series of lucrative sponsorship deals.

Read More: Bolt brand has unique appeal for sponsors | BusinessWorld Online Edition

Lots of great information :thumbsup
Join: 2007/02/24 Messages: 1205
kennex wrote:

Lots of great information :thumbsup

Thanks kennex ....I try to do my best !!
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

Thanks kennex ....I try to do my best !!

Usain Bolt is King of London.
Join: 2006/12/20 Messages: 978