Select your timezone: Select

Forum Abusers....This is my thoughts for you

Reply Subscribe
It amazes me that we had 19 players in the tournament this week. Of those 19, half have posted on here within the past week. And that number is not even counting the members that only post on the day of the tournament and only post in the tournament threads with post like "Thanks for the game, I'll be there". Of course you will be there, you will be there every week. How about being on here and being a member of the community that provides you with that tournament. If you want to give thanks to Ixgames for the hard work they do for you how about being a active member on here. I am not going to name any names on here, but they know who they are.

I guess once you become a Senior Member and the power to view the passwords you can just forget about posting anymore. I believe forums are for discussions and a place to express your point of view, not a place to abuse the priveledges offered. I would hope with the changes happening to this forum and the tournaments in the future that screws would be tightening up. With 12,000+ members registered here it is weird that only a hand full actually post here. I come on here everyday and view the activity on here, at the most I see 3 members logged in here at one time...except when it is tournament time, then 8-10 members are logged on. Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if Ixgames got rid of their tournaments? Or if Ixgames made it to where only the senior members who have posted 15 times in the previous month eligable to recieve the pw via private message. LOL, there would be so many ticked off members that are only here for the pw.
Join: 2009/07/29 Messages: 455
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

It amazes me that we had 19 players in the tournament this week. Of those 19, half have posted on here within the past week. And that number is not even counting the members that only post on the day of the tournament and only post in the tournament threads with post like "Thanks for the game, I'll be there". Of course you will be there, you will be there every week. How about being on here and being a member of the community that provides you with that tournament. If you want to give thanks to Ixgames for the hard work they do for you how about being a active member on here. I am not going to name any names on here, but they know who they are.

I guess once you become a Senior Member and the power to view the passwords you can just forget about posting anymore. I believe forums are for discussions and a place to express your point of view, not a place to abuse the priveledges offered. I would hope with the changes happening to this forum and the tournaments in the future that screws would be tightening up. With 12,000+ members registered here it is weird that only a hand full actually post here. I come on here everyday and view the activity on here, at the most I see 3 members logged in here at one time...except when it is tournament time, then 8-10 members are logged on. Hmmm...I wonder what would happen if Ixgames got rid of their tournaments? Or if Ixgames made it to where only the senior members who have posted 15 times in the previous month eligable to recieve the pw via private message. LOL, there would be so many ticked off members that are only here for the pw.

Thank's AAUPMYSLEAVE :thumbsup
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

Thank's AAUPMYSLEAVE :thumbsup

Well, I have not played an IX freeroll in months but still visit (almost) everyday and post on a regular basis. Not sure what freeroll you are refering to but I can understand you frustration. The freerolls are supposed to be "our reward" for being active members of IX and it is a bit irratating to get "freeroll trolls" snapping up seats to try and cash in. But the freerolls are not what the forum is about and I try not to focus too much on them. Besides, you will find most of these trolls can't play poker very well or at all, and will eagerly donate all their chips to you on longshot draws. Best of luck to you.
Join: 2009/03/29 Messages: 399
tallseas wrote:

Well, I have not played an IX freeroll in months but still visit (almost) everyday and post on a regular basis. Not sure what freeroll you are refering to but I can understand you frustration. The freerolls are supposed to be "our reward" for being active members of IX and it is a bit irratating to get "freeroll trolls" snapping up seats to try and cash in. But the freerolls are not what the forum is about and I try not to focus too much on them. Besides, you will find most of these trolls can't play poker very well or at all, and will eagerly donate all their chips to you on longshot draws. Best of luck to you.

Well, I have not played an IX freeroll in months but still visit (almost) everyday and post on a regular basis.
Ditto, but maybe not quite as much posting as Tallseas. . .

Sadly, what ixgames experiences is not much different that the many, many other poker forums that exist -- or existed -- experience. I have seen many, many die off in the couple of years I've been playing online. There is generally a small core of members who generate the vast majority of the activity and then the rest are hangers on who will show up only when there is money that might be had. But a small core can only keep things going for so long. . .

But, if the abusers aren't appeased with these carrots, they won't care; they will just go looking for the next new forums -- seems like a handful spring up every week -- that are trying to build themselves up giving away $25 freerolls and ask nothing but their membership in return so they can say to their affiliate managers, "look how many members we have" and the poor affiliate managers don't realize -- or don't care -- that they are the same members that are at EVERY other forum they've taken on as an affiliate. . .

Periodic reviews and enforcement of some minimal standards are the only way to combat abusers. . .
Join: 2008/12/20 Messages: 856
SycoSteve wrote:

Well, I have not played an IX freeroll in months but still visit (almost) everyday and post on a regular basis.

Sadly, what ixgames experiences is not much different that the many, many other poker forums that exist -- or existed -- experience. I have seen many, many die off in the couple of years I've been playing online. There is generally a small core of members who generate the vast majority of the activity and then the rest are hangers on who will show up only when there is money that might be had. But a small core can only keep things going for so long. . .

But, if the abusers aren't appeased with these carrots, they won't care; they will just go looking for the next new forums -- seems like a handful spring up every week -- that are trying to build themselves up giving away $25 freerolls and ask nothing but their membership in return so they can say to their affiliate managers, "look how many members we have" and the poor affiliate managers don't realize -- or don't care -- that they are the same members that are at EVERY other forum they've taken on as an affiliate. . .

Periodic reviews and enforcement of some minimal standards are the only way to combat abusers. . .

That post is meant for the members that post 60 posts, get approved to see the pw every week and never come back on here to post only to say thank you. Basically all I want is for the forum to pickup alittle. And if warning these members that they could lose their right to see the pw is a way to get them to be more active then so be it. When those DON coupons are released next week(hopefully) we are going to see a rise in the amount of members on here throughout the week, not just on tournament day.
SycoSteve wrote:

I have already been sending members names to admin for them to do what they feel deemed necessary. You probaly don't know the members because they don't post on here anymore, but they play in the tournament every week.
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

I have already been sending members names to admin for them to do what they feel deemed necessary. You probaly don't know the members because they don't post on here anymore, but they play in the tournament every week.

Somehow it seems like I might even be included in this. I don't JUST come here for the passwords but with the FTP games gone and without buy-in games or much else going on, I've not visited as much as in the past. I still stop by and post something from time to time but not daily. I like to say Thank You for the game whenever I play just so the admin knows. Not just to get a post in. I can understand your frustration but you must understand that the freerolls are often THE way people find you in the first place. You are right that with DoN coupons you'll have more interest. That should be good for the forum. Getting rid of games doesn't help. Posting requirements won't help your numbers either but it won't scare me away as long as there is value in being a member. I say do what you gotta do as it is your forum.
Join: 2009/08/21 Messages: 154
AAChipMagnet wrote:

Somehow it seems like I might even be included in this. I don't JUST come here for the passwords but with the FTP games gone and without buy-in games or much else going on, I've not visited as much as in the past. I still stop by and post something from time to time but not daily. I like to say Thank You for the game whenever I play just so the admin knows. Not just to get a post in. I can understand your frustration but you must understand that the freerolls are often THE way people find you in the first place. You are right that with DoN coupons you'll have more interest. That should be good for the forum. Getting rid of games doesn't help. Posting requirements won't help your numbers either but it won't scare me away as long as there is value in being a member. I say do what you gotta do as it is your forum.

If the show fits, wear it. If you go back and look at your posts, for the past 5 months all your posts were about that weeks tournament. Today was the first day you posted about something other then the freerolls since 04-26-2010.
The reason I didn't post any names is because I wanted to see how many members would think my post was directed at them and see if they started posting on topics other then the freerolls.
You are right, the forums use freeroll tournaments to attract new members, but we don't use have the freerolls for the members to play then not participate with the forum community.
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

If the show fits, wear it. If you go back and look at your posts, for the past 5 months all your posts were about that weeks tournament. Today was the first day you posted about something other then the freerolls since 04-26-2010.
The reason I didn't post any names is because I wanted to see how many members would think my post was directed at them and see if they started posting on topics other then the freerolls.
You are right, the forums use freeroll tournaments to attract new members, but we don't use have the freerolls for the members to play then not participate with the forum community.

Shoe fits? Anyway, you aren't looking at how often I logged in which is way more than I post because I've not always got something to say. That's my point actually is that without posting requirements here, I didn't feel obligated to say much unless it was important. However, I always felt obligated to at least thank you guys for putting the games on. Never thought I'd take heat for continuing to show up here at all with only one game a week at Carbon that means nothing because even if you win all you get is a stupid $11 Satellite coupon that is basically worthless unless you can wipe out ten others to get a $109 coupon. Getting games back at FTP on Sundays will help your cause as the DoN coupons at Carbon will. Actually, the last "meaningful post" from me was probably around the time the FTP game went bye bye. If there is something to be here for, more people will be active including me. If not, people will move on as there are tons of forums with tons of games going on and people only have time for so much. ACTIVE FORUM = ACTIVE MEMBERS
AAChipMagnet wrote:

Shoe fits? Anyway, you aren't looking at how often I logged in which is way more than I post because I've not always got something to say. That's my point actually is that without posting requirements here, I didn't feel obligated to say much unless it was important. However, I always felt obligated to at least thank you guys for putting the games on. Never thought I'd take heat for continuing to show up here at all with only one game a week at Carbon that means nothing because even if you win all you get is a stupid $11 Satellite coupon that is basically worthless unless you can wipe out ten others to get a $109 coupon. Getting games back at FTP on Sundays will help your cause as the DoN coupons at Carbon will. Actually, the last "meaningful post" from me was probably around the time the FTP game went bye bye. If there is something to be here for, more people will be active including me. If not, people will move on as there are tons of forums with tons of games going on and people only have time for so much. ACTIVE FORUM = ACTIVE MEMBERS

My point exactly...you are only here for the games, not for a active forum. Thank you for clarifying that for me. There is posting requirements if you want to play in the freerolls...read the rules.
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

My point exactly...you are only here for the games, not for a active forum. Thank you for clarifying that for me. There is posting requirements if you want to play in the freerolls...read the rules.

Anyways I am not here to argue with you, I justed expressed my point of view. I didn't think it would rile up the cows with my posting, but I guess I hit someones tender spot.
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

Believe what u want to believe.
AAUPMYSLEAVE wrote:

I was a member at another forum playing their quizzes and watching their videos and enjoying the site. Then they made a posting requirement after being a member about 2 years. When forced to talk, it is not as much fun as talking voluntarily.
You must be a new moderator just earning his stripes. A website with no forum members is not what Ixgames is trying to do in this era of belt tightening. PokerTokers, Poker Cartel and Suited Pockets are added to the list of disappeared forums. Don't yell at forum members just because times are bad. People are out looking for bargains. We do not have to play poker, we can always click on the TV. There are plenty of things that compete for our time. I prefer dealing with the monkey with the cigar. That's why I show up at this site.
Join: 2008/12/11 Messages: 117
eberetta1 wrote:

I was a member at another forum playing their quizzes and watching their videos and enjoying the site. Then they made a posting requirement after being a member about 2 years. When forced to talk, it is not as much fun as talking voluntarily.
You must be a new moderator just earning his stripes. A website with no forum members is not what Ixgames is trying to do in this era of belt tightening. PokerTokers, Poker Cartel and Suited Pockets are added to the list of disappeared forums. Don't yell at forum members just because times are bad. People are out looking for bargains. We do not have to play poker, we can always click on the TV. There are plenty of things that compete for our time. I prefer dealing with the monkey with the cigar. That's why I show up at this site.

Hello

You reasons. and the great majority of the forums, we suffer from this.

When a member reaches the privileges of being an active member, you completely forget the forum, and we only think of when you have tournaments, to be exact Freerolls.

I am moderator of two forums and would like for the vast majority of entering and participating in an after
that achieve the privilegioe.

But never does so, is an auque provide various formulas or terms are only a few who actually participate.
Join: 2009/06/19 Messages: 63