Select your timezone: Select

149,196 register for online poker tournament

Reply Subscribe
PokerStars was boasting the opportunity to all of its players to be part of a record-setting tournament. For $1, you could buy-in and be part of the historic occasion where the site hoped to set a world record for the largest poker tournament in history. When registration closed, the Guinness Book of World Records had a new entry as 149,196 players participated in the event on Sunday, more than twice the previous record set in July.

:dirol
Join: 2006/12/07 Messages: 29893
Manne wrote:

PokerStars was boasting the opportunity to all of its players to be part of a record-setting tournament. For $1, you could buy-in and be part of the historic occasion where the site hoped to set a world record for the largest poker tournament in history. When registration closed, the Guinness Book of World Records had a new entry as 149,196 players participated in the event on Sunday, more than twice the previous record set in July.

I played in it and was glad to be a part of it!
Won in via a 10 cent satellite they ran.
But was ko'd when big slick lost to pocket jacks.
Join: 2008/07/24 Messages: 152
Manne wrote:

I played in it too :thumbsup
Join: 2006/12/11 Messages: 1758
mike1 wrote:

I played in it too :thumbsup

I also played it and ended up coming in around 4999th place.......
Join: 2008/10/24 Messages: 171
mexican wrote:

I also played it and ended up coming in around 4999th place.......

Wow, that must have been amazing to play, I was part of FTP's 50,000 record tournament but I guess that records are meant to be broken :p

I wonder if FTP will try to regain this record :1orglaugh
Join: 2009/11/01 Messages: 46
MRpoker wrote:

Wow, that must have been amazing to play, I was part of FTP's 50,000 record tournament but I guess that records are meant to be broken :p

I wonder if FTP will try to regain this record :1orglaugh

I doubt full tilt will be able to beat this record anytime soon... pokerstars has way more people playing, fulltilt has about 150 , 000 people playing in peak hours... which would mean that ALL the peopel would have to play i nthe peak hours in order to break the record... i wish i was part of this tournamet
Join: 2009/12/26 Messages: 4
zveri666 wrote:

I doubt full tilt will be able to beat this record anytime soon... pokerstars has way more people playing, fulltilt has about 150 , 000 people playing in peak hours... which would mean that ALL the peopel would have to play i nthe peak hours in order to break the record... i wish i was part of this tournamet

I was in it but the relatives came to vist that day so I ended up sitting out. Imagine winning that thing? How lucky would you have to be to beat 150,000 players!
Join: 2009/05/08 Messages: 191
Manne wrote:

I lasted to the first break, which was a great accomplishment. LOL. X
Join: 2008/08/08 Messages: 158
XPOKERCHIC wrote:

I lasted to the first break, which was a great accomplishment. LOL. X

Wow to the first break that's great😡!!
mexican wrote:

Wow to the first break that's great😡!!

This is like the Fulltilt 250,000 for $5, too many people, is more a lucky game that a poker game.
Join: 2009/08/15 Messages: 46
Logan wrote:

This is like the Fulltilt 250,000 for $5, too many people, is more a lucky game that a poker game.

Yea luck at that point becomes a large part of it.
mexican wrote:

Yea luck at that point becomes a large part of it.

How many online pros participate in this tournament?
Join: 2009/09/05 Messages: 85
Arbuckle wrote:

How many online pros participate in this tournament?

I haven't played on stars in a long time. But a tourney that large seems like a LONG GRIND with small chance of reward.
Join: 2009/03/29 Messages: 399
Manne wrote:

Yeah pokerstars! i played it and got 96,000ish. Not a real fun tourney-too many wankers who got in on a $.1 satellite.
Join: 2008/03/28 Messages: 10
Logan wrote:

Or a fun game
Join: 2010/02/20 Messages: 11